TCSC Award for Excellence in Scalable Computing (Woman)
The IEEE Technical Committee on Scalable Computing (TCSC) is a technical committee within IEEE Computer Society, aimed at fostering research and education in scalable computing with applications. The committee solicits nominations of Scalable Computing Award. The award includes an award plaque that will be presented at the annual IEEE HPCC conference, along with a public citation for the award on the IEEE TCSC website.
The IEEE TCSC Award for Excellence in Scalable Computing (Woman) is awarded to outstanding women researchers who have made significant and sustained contributions to the scalable computing community through the IEEE Technical Committee on Scalable Computing (TCSC), coupled with an outstanding record of high quality and high impact research. The award consists of a plaque and an honorarium of $1000.
A candidate may be nominated by colleagues/TCSC members or may nominate herself. An individual can nominate at most one candidate for this award. The candidate must be an IEEE, IEEE CS, and TCSC member in good standing. Nomination must be submitted via email to the selection committee chair. A nomination application (as a single PDF file) should contain the following details:
- Professional Employment Affiliations: List the nominee's current professional affiliations and titles.
- Citation: Give a brief citation (thirty words or less) precisely stating the most salient reason(s) why the nominee is qualified for the award.
- Technical Contributions: Describe the nominee's technical achievements in scalable computing as well as significance and impact. (Max 2-page length)
- TCSC Contribution: Describe the candidate’s service and specific contributions to TCSC. (Max 2-page length)
- Endorsers: Each nomination must be supported by letter from three at least endorsers. An endorser can endorse only one candidate for this award. The endorsers will be required to comment on the nominee's technical contributions as well as service contributions to the TCSC. The endorsement letters should be included in the nomination package.
Award Selection Committee:
- Nomination Deadline: Coming soon
- Results Notification: Coming soon
Award & Presentation Note:
Awardees will be presented a plaque and will be recognized by IEEE TCSC in its website, newsletter and archives. The awards for 2023 will be presented at a selected IEEE TCSC sponsored conference.
Zheng Yan, Aalto University, Finland and Xidian University, China